Learning a new language is a challenging and humbling experience. We thought you might like a glimpse into our days-
Luis, Jonatan (both Spanish Bible Students and tutors) and Josh
Joanna (Spanish Bible student and language tutor) -Julie (in language school)-Heather
On Sundays we attend Calvery in Espanol, an all Spanish Sunday school class at 11:00 which is studying the Old Testament. We then attend the all Spanish service at 12:45. On Wednesday we attend a Spanish class at the church on Romans. All of the chruch in Spanish is challenging as our brains at times feel full from our daily classes and then we have to try to find more room to fit in the information we are learning at church.
The girls are adjusting well and spend a lot of time playing outside as well as working on school each day with their grandparents. I think a major part of the adjustment for me and the girls is the time apart. Due to the need for constant studying and focus on learning Spanish I find little time to do my normal activies with the girls and around the house. I have always enjoyed and felt total contentment being in the home and taking care of my family. I miss the time spent being teacher and doing creative activities with Grace and Hattie as well as time spent daily in my home with my focus solely on my call as a wife and mother. As I spend time learning Spanish I daily feel as if I have a split focus. I praise God for the continued reminders past and present that HE has called me to learn this language alongside my husband as well as having a great desire to be effective in communicating with the Ecuadorian people when we arrive in Loja. Without schooling and learning Spanish these things will not happen.
We thank you for all the prayers and support you have given us and are encouraged by your letters and e-mails. We are daily reminded of the call on our lives to serve the Lord full-time and the excitement in our hearts is stirred as we depend upon the Lord to help us learn the Spanish langauge!
Prayer requests:
That our minds would take in all that is being taught.
That we will be prepared for Exams- Especially Mid-terms which are in March.
That the Lord would give us wisdom as we manage our time.
for His glory,
J&H, We enjoyed the update here on your blog. It is really good to hear how the schooling is going. Sounds tough, but you both are so strong and have always approached situations with an "I can do" attitude that is admirable. I hear you about the time at home, but it is only a season. Our prayers are with you and keep up the good work.
ReplyDelete