Thursday, November 18, 2010

Hello Friends and Family!

Thanksgiving is just around the corner! This used to be my least favorite holiday of the year, until last year. For the first ten years of our marriage I worked in a retail management position and from the day after Thanksgiving until Christmas, I rarely saw Heather and the girls. It made it really hard for me to enjoy that turkey dinner, knowing the next day, starting at 5 a.m. would begin a seemingly endless schedule that was busier than I ever wanted to be. Then last year came, and for the first time we had the whole weekend off together. We spent it with some great friends, incredible fellowship and amazing food. This was what Thanksgiving was meant for! We praised God and gave Him thanks for the many blessings in our lives.

Think About It

I have been thinking how this should characterize our Christian lives every day. God calls us to “be joyful always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.” (1 Thess. 5:16) All those years, I was disobeying God’s direct command and will for my life. I had spent ten years moping around about the fact that I couldn’t enjoy Thanksgiving and the season to come, and the whole time I was missing the opportunity that God was giving to fulfill His will in my life. Will you devote yourselves, along with me, to prayer, being watchful and thankful in all circumstances?

Where God has Us

The last few months have been a whirlwind. Three weeks driving cross country to come home from TMM. Two weeks in Loja, Ecuador. Three weeks at home is Salem, OR. Now we are in Soldotna, AK at the Church that I grew up in.

We are staying at my parents and are here until Dec. 13th, fellowshipping and serving alongside people that I spent 16 years growing up with. It has been a blessing! Praise God for granting safety in all our travels so far.

Where God is Leading

Praise God with us as well, as 90% of our monthly need has been met! We will be leaving Salem on Jan. 2nd, driving to Edinburg, TX and Rio Grande Bible Institute. God has raised up our support team in a way that can only be attributed to Him and we are able to head out sooner than first anticipated. It is very important that we learn the language prior to getting to Loja because we will be moving directly into the city and there are not many opportunities to speak English there. The language school also includes courses in Cultural Orientation, Missionary Spiritual Life and serving in a Spanish church throughout the year.

If you are currently part of our prayer and support team we are so grateful for your partnership. We are still looking for people who would like to join our prayer team. If you would like to commit to praying for our ministry, please contact us! We are also seeking those who feel God leading to be part of our financial support team. We must be fully funded before we can leave for Ecuador full-time. Please call or e-mail and we will share how you can partner with us, in either or both of these ways.

Thank you for your prayers and support. We are truly blessed by God through each one of you!

Love,
The Dunns

No comments:

Post a Comment

April Update

Alaska

During the last 2 months we have enjoyed a fun and relaxing time here in Alaska.  For the first couple of weeks we helped decor...