The girls playing on the frozen lake at the Mission.
Snow, Mud, Rain, Sun all weather we have enjoyed here on the East coast! I have to admit the Snow is the prettiest, Mud the dirtiest, Rain the dreariest, and Sun the cheeriest. It is hard to believe that the same God who made this world and all the awe inspiring weather made me too! When I think about all that we have and are given from our Heavenly Father I am humbled to consider how I am giving back. In Kenya I wonder if people consider the weather in the way we do. Are they spending time complaining about the heat or rain because it doesn't fit their schedule or prefrence of the day. I know they rely on and are thankful for the rain and sun as it provides for them in the way that God intends. In reality it does the same for us yet we are so caught up in ourselves that we ignore the greatness of what God gave us daily in the weather.
"Mt Vernon"
George Washington's Home
We had a wonderful and action packed Christmas break. We traveled to New York City, Washington DC, Williamsburg and Raliegh NC over the 10 day period. We enjoyed many historical sites and fun catching up with friends new and old. Since coming back from Christmas break we have been flooded with 2 weeks of intense Biblical Counseling/Discipleship classes. They are eye opening and foundational for much of what we will deal with in person to person relationships and church relationships. Both Josh and I really enjoy these classes of course because they are interactive and we enjoy talking with people. I am praying we will get to use this Biblical Counseling/discipleship knowledge not only on the field but when we return to our home church in Salem, Oregon.
Josh is steadily learning much about mechanics. I have to admit I enjoy seeing the mechanic greased hands versus the clean manicured hands of a salesman. Josh says the mechanics classes are a little overwhelming at times. I think he does a great job and I am so proud of his desire to do his best as he learns!
Grace "little girl in pj's "
Hattie "little lamb on the far right"
The girls and I have picked back up with Hoemschooling. It is really fun as we spend many afternoons doing art or craft projects, cooking, or reading aloud together. Grace has turned into quite the reader and recently finished the first 4 books in the Box Car Children series. We have had to slow her down or we will be out of books to read soon. Hattie is still making people laugh all the time. She spends hours playing with sister with anything she can make beleive with. The other night it was some bottles of nail polish playing family and few days before some markers were the family. It is fun to watch their creativity. Before Christmas we were supposed to do a Christmas play at Church and it got canceled due to weather so we just did it last week. It was interesting doing Christmas in January but it was good to see the kids from church get the opportunity to share what we had practiced and learned about the true gift of Christmas which is Jesus Christ! Josh also shared the message for the evening after the program.
3 Month Shopping supplies from SAMS club
Josh and I had to do our 3 month shopping a few weeks ago and took the opportunity to have a date night for the first time since arriving in North Carolina. The girls enjoyed staying with an older couple from the mission who live in town. It was really fun and the shopping part actually turned out to be fun also even amongst all the boxes and bags.
We are looking forward to having our first visitor here my Mom coming in February. After that we have others coming this Spring. If anyone else wants to visit we have a cozy cabin bed and breakfast awaiting you.
We feel that God is making some aspects of our ministry very clear and look forward to sharing with you soon about where He is leading our family. Thanks you so much for your prayer in this area. Please continue to pray as we make some more final decisions in the next few months.
Prayer
-That our car will continue to run well and/or that if things happen to it Josh can fix it with his new Mechanics skills.
-Humbleness as we seek to serve and encourage others that are here.
for His glory,
JHGH Dunn
See new pictures in the gallery posted in the next week!
No comments:
Post a Comment