
This last week we made a huge step towards answering God's call on our lives. More specifically on my life. After wrestling with the Holy spirit for a few weeks I responded in joyful submission to resign from my volleyball head coaching job at Corban College. Volleyball has been a part of my life since 1992, the summer my Dad talked me into tyring our for the sport at our new high school in town. Little did I know it would lead to many life changing lessons and amazing growth experiences over the next 17 years. I have loved coaching volleyball and enjoyed my time at Western Baptist (now Corban College). Now no longer coaching I am looking forward with excited anticipation to what the Lord has planned for our future as a family. God has provided such peace in this decision and I can only attest to the fact that prayer, the study of God's word and faithful prayerful friends are huge. It has been a blessing to hear Grace say how much she looks forward to "Mommy being home all the time and not going to work." Hattie says, "she is happy because the gym is always so hot!" We will all miss the team very much. They are a wonderful group of girls and I know that the Lord is going to do great things in their lives. God is good all the time!Heather
Can't wait to talk tomorrow!
ReplyDeleteHi Heather!
ReplyDeleteI love your blog and look forward to hearing about the plans that God has for you and your family. Jeremiah 29:11!
"Jesus said to his followers, 'Go EVERYWHERE in the WORLD and tell the good news to everyone.'" ~ Mark 16:15
"If you try to keep your life for yourself, you will lose it. But if you give up your life for My sake and for the sake of the Good News, you will find true life." ~Mark 8:35
Melinda
mmhughie.blogspot.com